Additech, a provider of at-the-pump fuel additive delivery solutions, has announced the pilot market testing of a newly developed additive engineered specifically for diesel fuel, Additech Diesel Guard. The pilot test will begin on Monday, January 23, 2017, at eight retail locations in five states that provide a cross section of seasonal driving conditions.
This latest Additech initiative recognizes the growth of diesel vehicles in the United States. Since 2010, sales of diesel cars, SUVs and light-duty trucks have grown at an annual compounded growth of 14%, exceeding the total market. This growth is particularly driven by the American driver’s recent attraction to diesel-powered cars and SUVs, while light-duty trucks continue to build their popularity. This growth is despite the average upcharge of $5,000 in purchase price for a diesel engine when comparing model to model.
“The American driver is clearly embracing diesel-powered personal vehicles, and we see an equally clear opportunity to help drivers protect their investment and get the most out of their vehicle performance,” says Additech President and CEO Ryan Zafris. “We’re excited to bringing Diesel Guard to market and anticipate a very strong consumer response.”
Diesel Guard will be available at the following locations:
- 6010 North Fry Road, Katy, Texas, 77449
- 8508 North Navarro Street, Victoria, Texas, 77904
- 2301 South Canal Street, Carlsbad, New Mexico, 88220
- 1825 West Joe Harvey Blvd., Hobbs, New Mexico, 88240
- 603 South Cumberland, Lebanon, Tennessee, 37087
- 505 Latiolais Road, Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, 70517
- 2436 South Highway 287, Lafayette, Colorado, 80026
- 12820 Oneida Street, Thornton, Colorado, 80602
Diesel Guard and Additech gasoline additives are also sold commercially for use by both private and government fleets.